Adams Rite MS1850S Series MS Deadlock For Sale
Description: The MS1850S Series MS® Deadlock utilizes a laminated stainless steel bolt, activated by a pivot mechanism to provide maximum security for a single leaf narrow stile door.
Function: A huge bolt of laminated stainless steel, nearly three inches long, activated by an uncomplicated pivot mechanism, has made this basic MS® Deadlock the standard of the narrow stile door industry. The length of this bolt provides maximum security for a single leaf door, even a very tall and flexible one or an installation where the gap between the door and jamb is greater than it should be.
Operation: 360° turn of key or thumbturn throws or retracts the counterbalanced bolt. Key can be removed only when bolt is in a positively locked or unlocked position. Lock accepts any standard 1-5/32” diameter mortise cylinder or thumbturn from either or both sides. Cylinder must have MS® dimensioned cam.
- Cylinder Backset: 7/8", 31/32”, 1-1/8”, or 1-1/2” only
- Case: Steel with corrosion-resistant plating, measures 1” x 6” x depth. Depth varies by backset (see table in catalog).
- Bolt: 5/8” x 1-3/8” x 2-7/8” with 1-3/8” throw. Eight-ply laminated stainless steel. Center ply has alumina-ceramic core to defeat any hacksaw attack, including rod-type “super” hacksaws.
- Faceplate: Measures 1” x 6-7/8”
- Strike: See catalog page for dimensions of strike slot which can be cut in metal jamb. Trim plate, box strike, and armored strike are available separately.
- Cylinder Cam: Operable by any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam, dimensioned as shown. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers. See CYLINDERS section for cylinder make, thumbturn and trim ring information.
Options: For jambs too narrow to accept the long bolt, the MS1850S-050 offers a shorter bolt with hook shape to provide equal security against door-prying attempts. 1850S-020 short throw without hook is also available. Second and third point locking bolts are available for pairs of doors. All use any make standard mortise cylinder and thus can be keyed into systems with other types of doors. “SCHOOLHOUSE” version, also available, is modified so that operation from inside is “unlock only”. This lock is handed and must be specified LH or RH. Specify Series SCH1850S. Same faceplate and backset options as Series MS1850S. Operation from inside, with standard Adams Rite 4066 Turn or with 4550 Deadlock Lever. For wood or hollow metal, see MS1850SN.
Standard Package: Individually boxed with machine screws for mounting. Cylinders and/or thumbturns available separately. Shipping weight: 1-1/2 lbs.