Adams Rite MS1850SN Series MS Deadlock (ANSI Size) For Sale
Description: The ANSI size MS1850SN Series MS® Deadlock utilizes a laminated stainless steel bolt, activated by a pivot mechanism to provide maximum security for hollow metal or wood doors.
Function: For hollow metal or wood doors prepared for hardware according to the specifications of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the MS1850SN Deadlock provides maximum security and ease of installation. Its standard 1-1/2” backset dimension provides adequate clearance for the deep stop on the door jamb of hollow metal entrances.
Operation: 360° turn of key or thumbturn throws or retracts the counterbalanced bolt. Key can be removed only when bolt is in a positively locked or unlocked position. Lock accepts any standard 1-5/32” diameter mortise cylinder from either or both sides. Cylinder must have MS® dimensioned cam.
- Cylinder Backset: 1-1/2” only
- Case: Steel with corrosion-resistant plating, measures 1” x 6” x 2-1/4”.
- Bolt: 5/8” x 1-3/8” x 2-7/8” with 1-3/8” throw. Eight-ply laminated stainless steel. Center ply has alumina-ceramic core to defeat any hacksaw attack, including rod-type “super” hacksaws.
- Strike: Available in lipped, ANSI-spec version in steel with chrome finish. See catalog for dimensions of strike slot which can be cut in metal jamb. Other strikes are available separately.
- Cylinder Cam: Operable by any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam, dimensioned as shown. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers. See CYLINDERS section for cylinder make, thumbturn and trim ring information.
- Options: Second and third point locking bolts are available for pairs of steel doors. Shorter “hookbolt” version also available. All use any make standard mortise cylinder and thus can be keyed into systems with other types of doors. “SCHOOLHOUSE” version, also available, is modified so that operation from inside is “unlock only”. This lock is handed and must be specified LH or RH. Specify Series SCH1850SN. Operation from inside, with standard Adams Rite 4066 Turn.
Standard Package: Individually boxed with machine screws for mounting. Cylinders and/or thumbturns available separately. Shipping weight: 1-1/2 lbs.