Adams Rite 4510 Standard Duty Deadlatch For Sale
Description: 4510 Standard Duty Deadlatches provide flexible traffic control during and after business hours.
Function: The 4510 Standard Duty Deadlatch offers flexibility of traffic control during and after business hours. A reverse turn of the key while the bolt is held retracted retains the bolt to allow two-way traffic for hospitals, banks, stores, and other buildings which require free entrance at certain times and exit-only at other times. Interchangeable, without stile modification, with any MS1850A or MS1850S Deadlock of same backset and faceplate shape. They do not, however, provide the same maximum security level as the MS® Deadlock.
Operation: Turn key or operate handle to retract spring-loaded latchbolt. To hold bolt retracted, push it in and secure by reverse turn of key. Uses any standard mortise cylinder with MS® dimensioned cam.
- Bolt Holdback: While bolt is held fully retracted, a reverse turn of the key retains the bolt, allowing the door to be free swinging.
- Cylinder Backset: 7/8”, 31/32”, 1-1/8” or 1-1/2” only
- Case: Measures 1” x 5-13/16” x depth. Depth varies by backset (see table on catalog page). Steel with corrosion-resistant plating.
- Latchbolt: 1/2” x 1” x 1/2” throw. All metal with hardened steel internal pins. Handing is reversible without special tools.
- Auxiliary Bolt: All metal. Deadlocks latch bolt to prevent “loiding” or case-knife entry.
- Strikes: Standard strike furnished is 4902-01 for flat jamb where door closes flush or nearly flush. Available separately: radius strike for opposite stile in paired doors; longer strike (4901) to cover slot strike of MS lock; long lip strikes for centerhung doors.
- Cylinder Cam: Operable by any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam, dimensioned as shown. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers. See CYLINDERS for cylinder make, thumbturn and trim ring information.
Options: Backset, faceplate shape, strike, handing, and finish must be specified when ordering.
Standard Package: Individually boxed with strike, and machine screws for mounting. Cylinders, paddles, and handles available separately. Shipping weight: 1-1/4 lbs.