Adams Rite 7140 Electric Strike For Sale
Description: 7140 Electric Strikes with 4-7/8” faceplates are designed for Adams Rite deadlatches or cylindrical locksets with 1/2” to 5/8” latchbolt projection. For use in hollow metal or wood doors and jambs.
Function: Remote electrical control of any door equipped with an Adams Rite 4500, 4700, or 4900 Series (or similar) Deadlatch or cylindrical (key-in-knob/lever) type locksets with 1/2” to 5/8” latchbolt projection. Electrical actuation unlocks strike jaw, releasing latchbolt so door can be opened without operating latch itself. Extremely compact mechanism fits into aluminum jamb sections as shallow as 1-5/8”. Fits existing prep for discontinued Adams Rite 7040, 7840N, 7850 Electric Strikes.
- Fail-Safe/Fail-Secure: Field convertible from one mode to the other. However, AC intermittent solenoid must not be used continuously in either.
- Case: Approximately 1” x 3-3/8” x 1-5/8” deep. Zinc aluminum alloy.
- Strike Lip: Basic 7140 strike has lip of proper length for 1-3/4” thick door that closes flush with jamb edge. Where door thickness or jamb shape differs from this standard relationship, lip extension kits are available, specified by last dash number.
- Strike Opening: 5/8” x 1-7/16” x 1/2” deep. Bolt retainer jaw is stainless steel. Strike accepts bolt of any Adams Rite 4500, 4700 (discontinued), or 4900 Deadlatch or cylindrical latches.
- Faceplate: Measures 1-1/4 x 4-7/8” Faceplate is flat, with square corners. Available in a wide range of architectural finishes.
- Voltage: Available in 12 or 24 volt AC and DC. DC continuous units are silent, AC intermittent units “buzz” on operation.
| Volts || AC Intermittent || DC Continuous |
| 12 || 1.42 || 0.33 |
| 24 || 0.74 || 0.17 |
Options: Choice of mounting in AC and DC for intermittent or continuous duty. 7140 Electric Strike (flat faceplate) available with extended strike lip. Specify assembled for either fail-secure (locked when unpowered) or fail-safe (locked when powered) operation, but can be field converted to the other mode.
4603 Rectifier – converts AC to DC, installs in low voltage line between transformer and strike. Rated 2 amps (200 PIV)
4605 Transformer – converts 120VAC to 12/24 VAC. Rated 40 Volt-amp output assures plenty of power for strike release. Patented mounting bracket fits in knockout hole of standard junction boxes.
4606 Transformer – Plug-in version for standard wall outlet.
For more information please see POWER.
Standard Package: Individually boxed with mounting screws. Includes mounting clips and adhesive shims for use where welded tabs are omitted.