Adams Rite 7170 Electric Strike For Sale
Description: 7170 Electric Strikes with 4-7/8” faceplates are designed for mortise or cylindrical type locksets with up to 3/4” latchbolt projection without deadbolt. For use in hollow metal or wood door jambs.
Function: Remote electrical control of any door equipped with a mortise or cylindrical type lockset with up to 3/4” latchbolt projection without deadbolt. Electrical actuation unlocks strike jaw, releasing latchbolt so door can be opened without operating latch itself. Extremely compact mechanism fits into hollow metal jamb sections as shallow as 1-7/8”. Fits existing prep for discontinued Adams Rite 7560AN, 7570, 7860AN, 7870 Electric Strikes.
The electric strike must be positioned to accommodate offset mortise latches during installation. Please refer to installation instructions.
- Fail-Safe/Fail-Secure: Field convertible from one mode to the other. However, AC intermittent solenoid must not be used continuously in either.
- Case: Approximately 1” x 3-3/8” x 1-7/8” deep.
- Strike Lip: Basic 7170 strike has lip of proper length for 1-3/4” thick door that closes flush with jamb edge. Where door thickness or jamb shape differs from this standard relationship, lip extension kits are available, specified by last dash number.
- Strike Opening: 5/8” x 1-7/16” x 5/8” deep. Bolt retainer jaw is stainless steel.
- Faceplate: Measures 1-1/4 x 4-7/8” Faceplate is flat, with square corners. Available in a wide range of architectural finishes.
- Voltage: Available in 12 or 24 volt AC and DC. DC continuous units are silent, AC intermittent units “buzz” on operation.
| Volts || |
| DC Continuous |
| 12 || 1.42 || 0.33 |
| 24 || 0.74 || 0.17 |
Options: Available with two monitoring signal switches which sense whether latch bolt is in strike and whether strike jaw is blocked. Choice of voltage in AC and DC for intermittent or continuous duty. Specify assembled for either fail-secure (locked when unpowered) or fail-safe (locked when powered) operation, but can be field converted to the other mode.
4603 Rectifier – converts AC to DC, installs in low voltage line between transformer and strike. Rated 2 amps (200 PIV)
4605 Transformer – converts 120VAC to 12/24 VAC. Rated 40 Volt-amp output assures plenty of power for strike release. Patented mounting bracket fits in knockout hole of standard junction boxes.
4606 Transformer – Plug-in version for standard wall outlet.
For more information please see POWER.
Standard Package: Individually boxed with mounting screws. Includes mounting clips and adhesive shims for use where welded tabs are omitted.