Adams Rite MS+1890 Series MS Deadlock/Deadlatch For Sale
Description: The MS+1890 Series MS® Deadlock/Latch provides a maximum security deadlock for after hour and traffic control convenience during business hours.
Function: Maximum Security deadlock after hours plus traffic control convenience for management during the business day. Typical installation is a bank or store requiring three modes of door control: 1. Both lock and latch bolts retracted for unrestricted entry and exit during business hours, 2. Handle-operated latch for exit-only traffic just after closing, and 3. Maximum Security hookbolt for overnight lockup. NOTE: Handle or paddle operates latchbolt only.
Operation: 360° turn of key or thumbturn throws or retracts the hook-shaped deadlock. 120° further turn retracts latch bolt as well. Cylinder may be any make standard 1-5/32” diameter mortise type with MS® dimensioned cam. Handle retracts spring-loaded latchbolt only.
- Cylinder Backset: 31/32”, 1-1/8”, or 1-1/2”
- Case: Steel with corrosion-resistant plating, measures 1” x 7-3/8” x depth. Depth varies by backset (see table on catalog page).
- Latchbolt: Zinc alloy with Delrin face for smooth, quiet action, measures 5/8” x 5/8” with 7/16” throw. Handing easily reversible. Bolt can be held fully retracted to allow door to be free swinging (see catalog page for illustration).
- Lockbolt: 5/8” x 1-3/8” with 13/16” throw. Eight-ply laminated stainless steel. Center ply has alumina-ceramic core to defeat any hacksaw attack, including rod-type “super” hacksaws, while hook shape repels pry bar attempts to “spread” the door from its jamb or lift it off its track.
- Armored Strike: Satin stainless steel trimplate with steel mounting plate and dust box. Flat strike furnished. Also available for pairs of doors in radius shape, or flat with square corners for ANSI hollow metal jambs. Flat strikes also available with longer lip. MS+1890 Deadlock/Latch cannot be used with electric strikes.
- Cylinder Cam: Operable by any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam, dimensioned as shown. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers. See CYLINDERS section for cylinder make, thumbturn and trim ring information.
Options: Order handle/paddle for one side only or both sides. Handles/paddles on both sides solve, with minimum traffic impediment, the problem of doors that stand ajar due to wind or air-conditioning pressures.
Standard Package: Individually boxed with strike and machine screws for mounting. Cylinders available separately. Shipping weight: 2 lbs.