Adams Rite MS1861 Series MS Bottom Rail Deadbolt For Sale
Description: The MS1861 Series MS® Bottom Rail Deadbolt provides maximum security with MS deadbolt locking mechanism. It utilizes hardened steel bolts for the limited space of ultra-narrow stile doors.
Function: The MS1861 lies horizontally in the bottom rail of ultra-narrow stile doors which have insufficient vertical space for a lock, or tempered glass doors which have no stile at all. The hardened steel cylindrical bolts allow simple drilled strike holes of a relatively small size to minimize the nuisance and danger presented by some threshold strikes in collecting debris or snagging on high-heeled shoes. MS1861-02 locks either single-leaf or pairs of doors. Not recommended for wood doors.
Operation: 360° turn of key or thumbturn throws or retracts bolt(s). Key can be removed only when bolts are in a positively locked or unlocked position. Lock accepts any standard 1-5/32” diameter mortise cylinder from either or both sides. Cylinder must have MS® dimensioned cam.
- Cylinder Backset: Minimum backset is approximately 2-1/4” for the MS1861-01 with vertical bolt only. The MS1861-02 with vertical and horizontal bolts requires placement of cylinder centerline 5-3/4” from nose of door. Both have cylinder center 1-7/8” above bottom edge of door.
- Case: Steel with corrosion-resistant plate, measures 1” x 6” x 1-13/16”.
- Bolts: 3/8” diameter. Stainless steel vertical threshold bolt has 13/16” throw. Hardened steel horizontal bolt has 1-1/8” throw.
- Strikes: In metal installation, 7/16” drilled holes in threshold are required. For MS1861-02, drilled holes are also required in jamb or opposite door. For wood, metal plate with 7/16” hole must be provided for each bolt.
- Cylinder Cam: Operable by any standard mortise cylinder with MS® cam, dimensioned as shown. Cylinders with MS® cams can be readily obtained from most cylinder manufacturers. See CYLINDERS section for cylinder make, thumbturn and trim ring information.
- 4014 Conversion Kit: To convert MS1861-01 to MS1861-02, 4014 Conversion Kit provides horizontal bolt assembly with guide and attachment fittings.
The 4014 Conversion Kit consists of:
1. Arm and bolt assembly
2. Assembly pin
3. Bolt guide bracket
4. Mounting screws
To assemble, press pin through disc and arm.
Standard Package: Individually boxed with mounting screws. Cylinders and/or thumbturns available separately. Shipping weight: MS1861-01: 1-3/4 lbs., MS1861-02: 2 lbs.